Who We Are:
Founded a little over one year ago by David Kinch, chef of the three-Michelin star Manresa restaurant, The Bywater restaurant celebrates the city where Kinch first learned how to cook. The menu features New Orleans-inspired dishes and southern staples like fried green tomatoes and po’boys, a raw bar, a list of classic and eclectic New Orleans cocktails, beer, wine and more.
Who You Are:
We are looking for a candidate that is excited about joining Chef David Kinch’s New Orleans-inspired restaurant and bar. This person is passionate about food service and motivated by meeting strategic business objectives. Are you someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo?
About the Position:
In this role you will report to the general manager and restaurant ownership.
Main Job Duties: This position is responsible for complete operation in the absence of general manager
– Responsible for assisting and supporting GM and ownership with daily operations of the restaurant, labor/scheduling, selection, development and management of employees, cost control and developing solutions to maximize profits while ensuring guest satisfaction.
– Oversee bar lead in maintaining the bar program.
– Execute events, and build special events program.
– Stay on top of schedules to manage FOH staff expectations.
– Train and discipline staff while maintaining clear, fair, objective communication.
– Embody gracious hospitality to employees and guests alike, and cultivate repeat customers.
– Two years of experience in food service, including 1 year at the supervisory/management level.
– Must be able to work up to 50-60 hours a week if needed.
– Must be able to transport up to 35 pounds regularly.
– Must be able to spend a majority of the work day standing.
– Kaiser medical insurance, time off, paid sick leave
We are closed on Mondays.
Note: This is not intended to be a job description. Please apply with your updated resume, why you’d be a great fit, and your desired rate of pay. We are an EEO employer.