Website The Battery
The Battery is accepting resumes from experienced candidates to join our team. To apply please send your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com and include the position in the email title.
The General Manager (GM) provides overall leadership, guidance, and direction to the management team as it strives to provide the highest quality of service and standards. The GM is in charge of the daily operations of the Club, which includes personnel management and the daily service that directly affects the members and their guests. The GM, in conjunction with the Director of Finance and founders, will be in charge of analyzing, managing and controlling the financial and strategic goals of the Club. The GM must also possess the ability to manage in a diverse environment with a focus on developing and supporting internal culture while communicating effectively with members, senior management, and support staff. All work-related duties must be done onsite.
The Battery is San Francisco’s unique modern-era private social club. The Battery houses four bars and casual, yet stellar dining rooms serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner, private event spaces and catering, and a boutique hotel including penthouse suites. Spa, steam rooms, gym, library, green room, garden, and breathtaking views of San Francisco add to the unique ambiance. The Battery offers a dynamic membership program including frequent lecturers, eclectic performing arts, curated experiences, publications, and excursions. The Club also houses The Battery Foundation, a 501(c)(3) organization supported by our Members that has made more than $10 million in grants since its inception. The Battery employs approximately 190 staff throughout its departments.
We offer the following benefits to all of our part-time and full-time employees:
• Sick time – 9 days.
• Vacation – 3 weeks.
• Holidays – 9 paid days.
• Quarterly Bonus
• Quarterly manager outings (dinner and/or happy hour)
• Commuter Benefits
• 401(k) with company match from date of hire
• Gym Membership
• Free lunch and dinner and other snacks in our fully stocked kitchen
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or for other reasons. You must have and be able to do all of the following:
• Establish required staffing in conjunction with HRD & department managers.
• Ensure employees are motivated enough for the sustenance of critical success factors.
• Coordinate daily or weekly departmental meetings.
• Ensure that all labor-related issues are addressed timely.
• Work with HR to ensure compliance with policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
• Work with the Club’s General Counsel to manage risks.
• Provide overall leadership, guidance, and direction to the management team to ensure that all departments are effectively led and staffed and achieve their missions.
• Coordinate all daily activities, liaising with all department heads for the smooth operation of the Club and seamless coordination between departments.
• Work closely with managers to formulate and implement standards of operations as well as staff training and development. Ensure top to bottom focus on customer service.
• Act as the primary link between the founders and the management team.
• Analyze the performance of the business and seek to influence appropriate action on problem areas.
• Analyze sales figures and set business targets.
• Oversee budgets and financial plans and control expenditures to ensure strategic financial goals are achieved.
• Establish which operating equipment will be capital expenditure and seek to influence its replacement or maintenance.
• Supervise maintenance, supplies, renovations, and furnishings of the Club.
• Ensure the general cleanliness of the Club meets the highest standards.
• Ensure members and guests enjoy excellent customer service.
• Predict guest expectations and seek to exceed those expectations to attract repeat business.
• Create meaningful relationships with members and guests with a focus on the creation and retention of memberships.
• Create and maintain consistent member and guest contact at all times and be prepared to deal with potential problems to ensure that members and guests do not leave dissatisfied.
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES:
• Provide Leadership for the Club.
• Financial and accounting policies.
• Human resource policies.
• Oversee preparation and management of corporate budgets.
• Member satisfaction and retention.
• Commitment to Task: Ability to take responsibility for actions, give long hours to the job when necessary, demonstrate dependability in difficult circumstances, and show a sense of urgency at all times.
• Communication: Ability to clearly and respectfully present information through the spoken or written word, establish connections through conversation with members and guests and actively listen to others.
• Conflict Management: Ability to use problem-solving skills to resolve conflicts in the workplace and maintain constructive working relationships despite disagreement.
• Coping Mechanism: Ability to maintain a professional and positive demeanor while dealing with interpersonal conflict, necessary disciplinary action in the workplace, or stress.
• Flexible: Ability to remain open-minded, react to new information, perform a variety of tasks, and change focus quickly as demands change.
• Initiative: Ability to generate great results from ordinary circumstances, anticipate problems or opportunities in advance; undertake additional responsibilities and respond to situations as they arise without supervision.
• Leadership: Demonstrate leadership by example, efficiently delegate responsibilities and empower service team to make decisions, and provide constructive feedback to others.
• Judgment: Makes sound decisions; bases decisions on fact rather than emotion; analyzes problems skillfully; uses logic to reach solutions.
• Planning & Prioritizing: Ability to anticipate and prepare for guest needs, multitask effectively, prioritize practically, and use end goals to guide actions.
• Quality: Ability to maintain high standards regardless of stress level; establish high standards and consistently meet them.
• Respect: Ability to adapt behavior to other people’s personalities, interact with people who have different values, culture, or backgrounds, and graciously serve demanding guests. Able to develop rapport with others and recognize their concerns and feelings and build long-term associations based on trust with both guests and fellow team members.
Must have and be able to do all of the following:
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, hospitality, or related field preferred.
• 5 to 10 years of experience in club, hotel, or hospitality industry, specifically in the luxury market.
• Experience with P&L reports and working with budgets
• Experience with property management systems
• Able to read, write, speak, and understand English comprehensively.
• Basic math skills.
• Basic computer skills.
• Experience in training (planning, and implementation).
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
You must the physical, visual, and auditory ability to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations and be able to meet the following requirements:
• Tolerate varying noise levels, temperature, and illumination and air quality.
• Hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity.
• Normal sense of smell, taste, touch and sound.
• Able to respond to visual or aural cues.
• Continuously or periodically bend, twist, lean, lift, push, pull, kneel, bend, walk, stand, and/or sit up to 8+ hours per shift.
• Lift up to 30 pounds in order to perform the essential functions.
• Work in a stressful environment and stressful situations.
• Work in an environment where climate constantly changes.
• Maneuver freely through all areas of the property.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org