GM Needed – *New* Farm to Table Restaurant
*New* Farm to Table Restaurant opening this summer
The General Manager will direct and oversee all Front Of House operations in order to maximize performance and profitability by creating a positive and productive work environment. He/She will ensure superior hospitality and guest service through training and development, maintaining all aspects of operational quality, and upholding financial, legal, community, safety, state & local compliance standards. He/She will carry out leadership responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s mission, values, vision, and policies. The GM will play a leading role in promoting the desired work culture around the core values of GrayBarns as well as managing the relationship with the property’s owners.
● Interview, hire, evaluate, reward, and discipline Dining Room Staff
● Lead, motivate, train and educate all FOH personnel in Restaurant policies and procedures
● Ensure proper coverage is in place depending on business volumes for each area of the restaurant during shift
● Effectively supervise floor staff to ensure professional service and guest satisfaction during hours of operation.
● Educate FOH personnel in product awareness and cultivate long-term service knowledge.
● Build rapport with Restaurant guests and ensure an enjoyable and memorable experience.
● Responsible for accurately reporting payroll and for the end of night closeout and cash drop
● Maintain employee files.
● Maintain database with accurate items and prices
● Work closely and with all operational staff.
● Foster a culture in which customer satisfaction is the primary concern.
● Establish open lines of communication between FOH and BOH at all times.
● Establish role as a spokesperson for the Restaurant within the community and with guests.
● A minimum of 5-7 years experience in a fine-dining restaurant of a similar capacity
● A genuine passion for fine dining combined with solid food & wine knowledge
● Must possess a hospitable and approachable demeanor combined with impeccable service standards, clean work habits and a keen eye for detail
● Proven ability to lead others and positively influence employee behavior with a “lead by example” mentality
● Ability to multitask in a high volume environment while always maintaining your sense of humor and appearing calm.
● A professional and polished appearance is essential combined with the ability to interact with all types of team members and build relationships with guests
● Strong financial acumen experience working with and understanding P&L
● Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Must be able to work a flexible schedule
● Must have computer knowledge of basic restaurant systems including POS, PMS, Opentable, Word and Excel