Sous Chef at Wheeling Island Hotel-Casino-Racetrack
Our Exciting Work Environment
Wheeling Island Hotel – Casino – Racetrack offers 24 table games, 9 table poker room, over 1,618 slot machines, 151-room luxury hotel, the #1 Greyhound Track in the USA (based on purses paid), six restaurants, 1,000-seat showroom, meeting and banquet services, and gift shop. Please visit www.wheelingisland.com for further facility information.
- Assists Executive Chef with management of the kitchen, including supervising, scheduling, training, and implementation of policies and procedures.
- Coordinate and actively participate in event operations and monitor food and labor costs.
- Oversees inventory of food product and coordinates product ordering and receiving within
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen and exceed all sanitation standards.
- Plan menus, catering production, and daily buffet specials, while maintaining financial responsibility for the menu mix.
- Minimum of 3 years culinary supervision experience after graduation from accredited culinary school or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in high volume restaurant and catering operations environment.
- Thorough knowledge of food preparation and purchasing.
- Serve Safe Certification preferred. Must obtain ACF certification within 2 years of employment.
- Candidate is required to take a culinary practical.
- Ability to obtain a West Virginia Gaming License.
Who We Are
Take your career beyond the ordinary—to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen – share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates. To learn more, visit www.delawarenorth.com.
All applicants may be subject to a pre-employment background and/or drug testing.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.