Sous Chef at Southland Park Gaming & Racing
Our Exciting Work Environment
Southland Park Gaming & Racing, a gaming and racing facility located in West Memphis, Arkansas has operations including electronic games of skill, live greyhound racing with simulcasts of thoroughbred and harness racing, as well as greyhound tracks across the country. Visit our website at www.southlandgreyhound.com for further facility information.
- The successful Sous Chef candidate will provide support to the Executive Chef at their respective location.
- Assisting the Executive Chef with daily supervision and production of kitchen operations including event and non event days.
- Responsible for the overall management of the kitchen including overseeing activities of supervisors, cooks and utility. Coordination and participation in kitchen operations is the main focus while monitoring food & labor costs.
- Plan menus, maintaining financial responsibility for the menu mix.
- Oversees inventory of food product and coordinates product ordering and receiving within corporate specifications.
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen to comply with State and local Health Department Regulations
- Three years Culinary Arts experience, including previous experience in a management role. More specifically, experience in high volume operation.
- Must have experience supervising personnel.
- Knowledge of restaurant operations including casual, fine dining and catering.
- Associates Degree in Culinary Arts and ServSafe Certification Preferred.
- Familiarity with monitoring of food and labor cost, menu development and costing.
- Familiarity with ordering and inventory procedures.
- Strong organizational, communication and PC skills.
- A commitment to excellence in guest service is essential.
- Must be able to obtain a State Gaming License.
- Must be able to obtain ACF Certification within the first 2 years of employment.
- Candidate must perform a Culinary Practical.
Who We Are
Take your career beyond the ordinary—to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen – share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates. To learn more, visit www.delawarenorth.com.
All applicants may be subject to a pre-employment background and/or drug testing.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.