Executive Chef at Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport in New Orleans, LA
Our Exciting Work Environment
Delaware North has introduced several popular local restaurant concepts at Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport in recent years. Among the additions with a decidedly New Orleans taste are Copeland’s Cheesecake Scoop Café, Copeland’s Gourmet Kitchen, Dooky Chase, Le Petit Bistro, PJ’s Coffee, WOW Café & Wingery!, Ye Olde College Inn and Zatarain’s Kitchen – a New Orleans staple for more than 120 years.
- The successful associate will be responsible for formulating, implementing, and administering operational procedures pertaining to food preparation, recipe development, menu rotation, inventory levels, and food preparation with strong attention to quality control.
- Responsible for overall management of the kitchen, including supervising activities of cooks, coordinate and actively participate in event operations and monitor food and labor costs while ensuring quality standards are met
- Plan menus, maintaining financial responsibility for the menu mix. Analyze menu and food costs and the preparation of cost and quality efficient menus/specials. Prepare reports regarding food and menu analysis. Prepare annual budgeting and ensure all fiscal responsibilities are met.
- Oversees inventory of food product and coordinates product ordering and receiving within corporate specifications
- Ensure training & development in all aspects of the operation with strong attention to safety and sanitation.
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen to Comply with State and local Heath Department Regulations.
- Hire, train, manage, and retain great associates
- Maintains knowledge of local competition and general industry trends
- Ability to control food waste and identify opportunities for improvement of food/labor costs
- Creates a highly functional, teamwork-orientated back of house team
- All other duties as assigned
- Seven years culinary arts experience after graduation from accredited culinary school or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in high-volume, multi-unit operations environment. Previous experience in a management role.
- Familiar with monitoring of food and labor cost, menu development and costing.
- Familiar with ordering and inventory procedures and health and sanitation guidelines.
- Excellent ability to multi-task, organization and communication skills.
- Ability to coach and lead a team, train and develop others.
- ServSafe certification & ACF Certification preferred.
- Required to obtain ACF certification within 2 years of employment.
Who We Are
Take your career beyond the ordinary—to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen – share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates. To learn more, visit www.delawarenorth.com.
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com