Executive Sous Chef at Bridgestone Arena
Our Exciting Work Environment
Delaware North Sportservice at Bridgestone Arena in Nashville offers a variety of options for Nashville Predators fans and other guests – from Asian stir fry or barbecue, to hamburgers, hot dogs, and popcorn, to the range of gourmet items served in its DEX All-Inclusive Zone and Cumberland 501 Club. Whether it’s a sold-out hockey game, a major concert, or a nationally televised awards show, Sportservice excels at providing the finest in traditional concessions and gourmet dining at Bridgestone Arena.
Are you an experienced and resourceful chef who holds your kitchen to a very high standard and knows how to train and motivate your staff to deliver a consistently great experience day after day? Whenever you see an opportunity to improve the customer experience, you can’t help but take action! Be part of the team behind the team!
- The successful associate will be responsible for assisting Executive Chef with daily supervision and production of all operations including game and non-game day events.
- Responsible for the overall management including supervising activities of supervisors, cooks and utility.
- Coordination and participation in kitchen operations is the main focus while monitoring food & labor costs.
- Plan menus, maintaining financial responsibility for the menu mix.
- Oversees inventory of food product and coordinates product ordering and receiving within corporate specifications.
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen to comply with State and local Health Department Regulations.
- Hire, train, manage, and retain great associates
- Seven years culinary arts experience after graduation from accredited culinary school or equivalent work experience, including previous experience in a management role.
- The ideal candidate is extremely reliable, detail-oriented, and proficient with all basic cooking techniques.
- Strong organizational, communication and computer skills.
- A commitment to excellence in guest service is essential.
- Experience in high volume multi-unit operations is a plus
- Familiar with ordering and inventory procedures and health and sanitation guidelines.
- Professional, enthusiastic, responsible, and dependable team player
- Self-motivated, takes initiative and willing to acquire new skills
- Must obtain ACF Certification within the first 2 years of employment.
- Candidate is required to take a culinary practical.
Who We Are
Take your career beyond the ordinary—to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen – share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates. To learn more, visit www.delawarenorth.com.
All applicants may be subject to a pre-employment background and/or drug testing.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.