Executive Sous Chef at Miami Valley Gaming
Our Exciting Work Environment
Miami Valley Gaming, a joint venture of Delaware North with Churchill Downs Inc., opened in December 2013. The $175 million project was developed on a 120-acre site in Warren County just off of Interstate 75, midway between Cincinnati and Dayton, Ohio. Miami Valley Gaming features a 186,000-square-foot gaming facility with 1,600 video gaming machines, a modern simulcast center with races from around the country, and a 5/8-mile harness racetrack with an indoor grandstand that accommodates more than 1,000 racing fans and can double as an event center. Miami Valley Gaming features four restaurants plus a center bar with live entertainment.
- The Executive Sous Chef oversees all production and service of food in all kitchen areas at the Miami Valley Gaming. This role assures quality, consistency and proper presentation.
- The Executive Sous Chef supervises and works to develop the culinary staff at the property
- Responsible for the preparation and production of food to be served in the food outlets throughout the gaming facility, club house, and any special culinary events (i.e., banquets, parties, etc.)
- Continually reviews and alters menus and signature items based on guest feedback and Delaware North Companies food standards
- Maintains knowledge of local competition and general industry trends
- Ensures culinary staff adheres to all Delaware North policies and procedures, Food Safety standards, GuestPath standards and Miami Valley Gaming Policies and Procedures
- Training and developing of staff
- Maintains a clean kitchen and buffet area and enforces health codes
- Communicates desired specials and any shortages to the Director of Food and Beverage
- Responsible for the procurement of all food products while following company specifications
- Oversees weekly and monthly inventories
- Ability to control food waste and identify opportunities for improvement of food/labor costs
- Ensures that all progressive disciplinary procedures are followed as outlined by Delaware North Companies and that all employees under him/her are given fair and equitable treatment
- Creates a highly functional, teamwork-orientated back of house team
- Culinary Arts Degree preferred, will consider overall experience
- Seven years culinary arts experience after graduation from accredited culinary school or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in high volume multi-unit operations casino or hospitality environment. Previous experience in a management role.
- Serve Safe Certification & ACF Certification preferred.
- Familiar with monitoring of food and labor cost, menu development and costing.
- Familiar with ordering and inventory procedures and health and sanitation guidelines.
- Must obtain ACF certification within 2 years of employment. Candidate is required to take a culinary practical.
- Must be able to secure and maintain the appropriate racing and gaming licenses.
Who We Are
Take your career beyond the ordinary—to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen – share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates. To learn more, visit www.delawarenorth.com.
All applicants may be subject to a pre-employment background and/or drug testing.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.