Legends Restaurant Sous Chef
Legends Club is a private, members-only restaurant and bar located on level 3 of TD Garden, exclusively open to Boston Bruins and Boston Celtics season ticket holders with a membership. This distinguished club opens two hours prior to all Bruins and Celtics games at TD Garden and remains open for members up to an hour after a game concludes. The TD Garden started a major renovation of Legends Club, part of the comprehensive, $70 million arena-wide upgrade and is set to re-open with the upcoming 2014-2015 season.
Do you want to be close to the action in a sporting venue? Would you like to work in a fast paced, fun environment? You are part of the excitement overseeing the Legends Restaurant at TD Gardens. Be part of the team behind the team!
The Legends Sous Chef works with the Executive Sous Chef and the Production Chef. Primary responsibility includes: overseeing and supervising production of food for Legends kitchen. Work closely with Executive Chef to promote the company’s culture, mission and philosophy. Must act as a team leader and motivator for kitchen staff, thus strong interpersonal skills and being a clear communicator are essential. Responsible for supervising, training, evaluating, coaching and counseling production team associates to comply with company standards and recipes.
- Assist in hiring, development, training and mentoring of staff and act as a resource to them.
- Coach, counsel and assist in conducting performance evaluations of production team.
- Recommend or conduct disciplinary action, including termination, of production team when necessary according to company standards.
- Assist in developing training and trailing programs for production team.
- Monitor staffing levels to minimize cost and increase productivity. Recommend staffing needs according to business levels.
- Make daily changes in event numbers and menus.
- Compose daily rescheduling list and reassign work to the following day’s production list according to team’s capabilities.
- Change weekly event board in kitchen.
- Maintain a team-oriented atmosphere.
- Assist in party check-off and recovery.
- Schedule all production teams for daily assignments.
- Perform all reasonable requests from the management team.
- Attend and participate in all scheduled meetings and training sessions.
- Follow proper time-keeping policies and procedures.
- Follow the sign-in and sign-out procedure for keys.
- Know and follow all company emergency and safety procedures.
- Prior food production supervisory/management experience.
- Culinary degree and/or training preferred.
- Excellent volume cooking skills, presentation skills and palette.
- Experience in quality-oriented catering or banquet facility.
- Strong leadership and management skills working with a variety of associates of different skill levels and varied backgrounds.
- Proficient computer skills in Word, Excel, and the kitchen computer production system.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) and good listening skills.
- Ability to handle many tasks at once and effectiveness in a fast-paced work environment.
- Thoroughness, attention to details, and excellent organizational skills.
- Good decision-making and ability to proactively make changes as needed.
- Ability to communicate effectively with associates, management, clients and vendors if necessary.
- Ability to work flexible schedule to accommodate business levels.
- ACF Certification preferred, must obtain within the first 2 years of employment.