Director of Restaurants
Website Colonial Williamsburg Foundation
Responsible for overseeing and directing the daily operations of the Rockefeller Dining Room, Goodwin Room, Terrace Room, Restoration Bar, Social Terrace and In-Room Dining (collectively known as the Outlets) at the Williamsburg Inn to achieve and maintain 5 star, 5 diamond status, while overseeing the Management of the Gold and Green Clubhouse Grills, and the Pool and Spa front of the house operations.
Additionally responsible, in partnership with the Director of Food & Beverage, for the strategic management of all Food and Beverage Operations of the Williamsburg Inn as described in budgets, forecasts and planning documents.
Provides leadership to set an example of service and quality for the restaurant managers and associates. Hires, trains, mentors, counsels and corrects employees to build a skilled and motivated team that consistently provides outstanding guest service while following the letter of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Partners with the Culinary team to ensure efficient operations and consistent management in all Williamsburg Inn Food and Beverage outlets.
Partners with the Rooms Division team to ensure exceptional guest service in all areas of the hotel.
WORK TO BE PERFORMED:
- Directs the administration, planning and daily activities of all Outlets to insure a 5 star, 5 diamond dining experience that consistently exceeds guest expectations.
- Directs the administration, planning and daily Food and Beverage activities of the Gold and Green Clubhouses, Pool and Spa to insure a well suited dining experience that consistently exceeds guest expectations.
- Hires, trains, schedules, counsels, mentors and corrects managers, supervisors and hourly staff to provide the highest levels of proficiency, efficiency and confidence in the service of guests. Trains staff to provide guests with any and all information requested about menu items and food preparation, as well as general knowledge of the Williamsburg Inn and Colonial Williamsburg.
- Conducts daily, weekly and monthly meetings with managers, supervisors and hourly staff to ensure all supervisors and employees are aware of goals, objectives and activities within the department. Ensures staff are familiar with and can describe daily specials as well as regular menu items in detail.
- Ensures compliance by all team members to Company policies and procedures, including time and attendance and uniform policies.
- Partners with the Culinary team on the development of menus and the marketing of food and beverage items designed to satisfy the most discriminating guest tastes.
- Regularly reviews and evaluates the degree of customer acceptance of the Outlet offerings and guest service and recommends to management new operating policies whenever sales, customer feedback or trends in the marketplace necessitates such action.
- Assists the Executive Director of Food and Beverage with the development of budgets, forecasts, purchase specifications, operating equipment needs, menu abstracts, job descriptions, Unifocus and guest responses and other service department criteria and standards.
- Works closely with the Sales & Marketing team in developing marketing plans and strategies for all outlets.
- Works closely with housekeeping and maintenance teams to ensure clean, orderly, and properly function of all guest and Back of House areas.
- According to budget, develops and implements procedures for maintaining equipment and cost controls.
- Maintains equipment and supply levels, conducts inventory and orders supplies as necessary to ensure efficient operations, in consideration of budget.
- To ensure clear communication amongst all team members, maintains a daily management log of important information or decisions made such as guest dissatisfaction, over bookings, compliments received, or employee issues.
- Evaluates the performance of the managers and service personnel in all outlets. Administers training and development programs to maintain and improve guest service at 5 star/ 5 diamond levels.
- Attends meetings and training sessions and prepares summary reports as required.
- Ensures proper adherence to applicable state and local regulations.
- Plans music for dining guests.
SUPERVISION TO BE EXERCISED:
Directs: Guest Service Managers, Sommeliers and Guest Service Supervisors
Indirect: All Outlet staff consisting of Host/Hostess Staff, Servers, Bartenders, Bus Persons, Buffet Runners, Cashiers. Room Service staff consisting of Room Service Servers and Room Service Attendants.
Works under the general supervision of the Executive Director of Food and Beverage and in conformance with Colonial Williamsburg standards and broad policy objectives.
QUALIFICATIONS: (Minimum knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job successfully)
Restaurant and Hotel Food & Beverage Operations:
- A passion for 5 Star service execution and the ability to lead a team to these standards.
- Strong knowledge of wine, spirits and beer and culinary arts.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Restaurant, In-Room Dining, Bar and Lounge Operations.
- Understanding of hotel operations including Front Desk, Housekeeping, Engineering, Sales & Marketing and Banquets and Catering.
- Understanding of Management Accounting, and the ability to strategically manage operations using financial reporting as a tool.
- Inventory maintenance and control.
- Thorough understanding of current Restaurant and Hotel technology, including PMS, POS, OpenTable, GL, Labor Management, and purchasing software.
- Work closely with the Hotel Sales & Marketing team to effectively market the outlets to both hotel and local guests as well as regional visitors.
Human Capital Management
- Ability to develop and lead a team of Managers, Supervisors and line staff in delivering exceptional 5 Star guest service in all Outlets.
- Ability to work closely with Culinary team to deliver an exceptional product across all Outlets.
- Previous experience in a Collective Bargaining environment and managing staff according to contract work rules.
- Ability to develop and implement employee training programs, coach and counsel, mentor and develop staff to the desired levels professionalism
- Ability to find solutions in the midst of challenges while maintaining composure and delivering the highest level of guest service.
- Make independent decisions which are generally guided by established policy and procedures.
- Work flexible schedules, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Relentless attention to detail and devotion to excellence.
Previous Experience/ Education:
- 4 year degree in Hotel Management, Culinary or related field desired.
- Minimum 10 years experience in Hospitality, with no less than 3 years in a luxury setting.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a leadership role in a fine-dining restaurant or luxury hotel.
please apply on our website: www.colonialwilliamsburg.org/careers ; e-mail Mike Graver with any questions on email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.colonialwilliamsburg.org/careers →