Chef-Manager for cafe/bakery concept in New York
Looking for a CHEF-MANAGER to join our upper mgmt team.
We are local New York bakers specializing in artisan breads. We’ve been making bread for (and working closely with) many of the city’s great chefs and restaurateurs for almost 20 years.
At our newly-opened cafe, we make sandwiches, pastries, quiches, cakes, scones, etc, from scratch, and serve delicious coffee (our second obsession after bread baking). Our partners are Stumptown Coffee Roasters. We absolutely love what we do.
We’re looking for Chef-Manager who is passionate about bread, sandwiches and pastry, and is committed to providing exceptional service. This position will work closely with the Director of Operations to create and develop new menu items and seasonal specials that work well with our style. Such as tartines, semi-sweet/savory pastries, sandwiches, side salads/vegetables, rustic cakes, cookies, tarts, flatbreads… things like this. There is a lot of room for creativity and work with great ingredients.
We are looking for someone who can commit to the company long-term and has an interest in growing with the company.
You will oversee/work closely with the store Supervisors, and manage the kitchen and BOH staff to deliver the highest quality food. Our menu offerings are limited and we like to use high quality ingredients that are simple and close to nature. We’re looking for someone who thrives in perfecting high-volume execution and efficiency in this concept.
RESPONSIBILITIES (but not limited to):
– Oversee service and BOH staff through entire shift
– Working closely with fellow Supervisors
– Co-management of the cafe administrative duties and POS system
– Hire, train, motivate and discipline team members with help Supv team
– Work closely with BOH on food production and quality
– Analysis of food and labor costs, and waste management
– Daily operations of the store, problem solving, inventory, ordering, etc.
– Training team members
-Working on “big picture” projects with the DO, such as new packaging, improving systems, etc
– Minimum 5 years as a café chef or lead baker
– Minimum 5 years restaurant or bakery management experience required
– NYC Food Handlers Card, familiarity with DOH inspections and getting A grades
– Exceptional service and floor skills
– Honest leadership skills, passion for the concept
– Detail oriented, organized and professional
– 100% schedule flexibility…nights, weekends, early mornings, holidays
Full time. Competitive annual salary. Great health benefits after three months. 401K match program and paid vacation after one year. We encourage our employees to grow and learn, and offer many opportunities for personal and career development.
Email your resume along with a message introducing yourself.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org