ATLANTIC SOCIAL is hiring SOUS CHEFS & KITCHEN MANAGERS
ATLANTIC SOCIAL is hiring SOUS CHEFS & KITCHEN MANAGERS!
ATLANTIC SOCIAL in Fort Greene, directly across the street from Barclay’s Center, has an immediate opportunity for a proven restaurant professional with the ability to maintain our high standards of quality and guest satisfaction. We offer great opportunities to build and grow into a hospitality professional while maintaining friendly and enjoyable work environments.
Our ideal candidate will have a true passion for the craft of cooking, experience with leading and developing all BOH positions (line cooks/prep cooks/porters), great organizational skills, works neat, has an outstanding work ethic, and has the ability to work well as a team player.
Skills & Requirements
• A minimum of two years experience working as a Sous Chef or Junior Sous Chef in a fast paced, high volume kitchen. Hotel experience is a plus.
• In depth knowledge of kitchen operations, food and cooking techniques.
• Exceptional leadership, organization, communication, and relationship skills.
• Proven ability to think critically and make sound decisions in a high-pressure work environment.
• Excellent time management and prioritization skills, and the ability to multitask.
• A good understanding of restaurant finance, and the ability to operate within budgets for COGS and labor, and general expense control/overview.
• A desire to exceed guest expectations.
• Experience with training, coaching and customer service.
• Possess NYC DOH Food Handler’s Certificate
• Supervise the preparation and execution of food items.
• Ensure the kitchen is prepared and “A” ready at all times for health inspections.
• Manage hourly kitchen staff through scheduling, payroll, training and coaching.
• Expedite during service.
• Work the hot-line.
• Monitor food production, ordering, costing, consistency, and quality.
• Attend financial meetings with management team and executive teams. Address any opportunities with a sense of urgency.
• Actively work with purveyors to build and maintain relationships and retain competitive pricing.
• Lead pre-shift meetings with FOH team and oversee culinary staff education.
• Act as a liaison between the culinary team and front of house in regards to events and any other specific needs.
• Inspire excellence, and build camaraderie and team morale.
• Abide by and uphold company policies and standards, as well as state sanitations/health regulations.
• Ensure and maintain safe and secure working conditions/environment, and ensure the cleanliness and sanitation of kitchen facilities and equipment.
Please submit your RESUME and a BRIEF COVER LETTER in the body of an e-mail. DO NOT SEND ATTACHMENTS.
ATLANTIC SOCIAL provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com