Website Alpine Country Club
Become part of our world class team at Alpine Country Club, New Jersey’s distinguished country club, located just outside of New York City in the heart of Bergen County. We are recognized as a Platinum Club of America and we have an exciting career opportunity for an exceptional professional. Since 1928 our membership has enjoyed full service amenities consisting of unique social events, golf, tennis and dining. We are a family focused club that is active throughout the year.
Alpine Country Club is currently looking for qualified individuals with a great personality and a passion to provide first class service. Our team at Alpine Country Club is one that embraces excellence, teamwork and member satisfaction. Employee growth and advancement is rewarded and encouraged through training, empowerment, recognition, and career opportunities.
We are currently searching for Line Cooks to join our team.
Responsible for preparation of all designated menu items, accompanying sauces, relishes, dressing, and garnishes as they appear on menus or specials. Maintains fish containers, fish storage, icing, and rotation. Works in conjunction with Area Sous Chef/Executive Sous Chef and assists with any tasks as directed. Responsible for cleanliness of stations, walk-ins, coolers, and mise en place shelves.
- Preparation of and cooking to proper doneness of all designated menu items that appear either on the menu or as a special and all accompanying sauces, relishes, dressings, and garnishes to assigned menu items.
- Maintaining the fish containers, properly storing, icing, rotating, and inventorying fish on a daily basis.
- Ensure the overall cleanliness of the station, all walk-ins, coolers, and mise en place shelf, as well as accompanying storage areas.
- Any additional prep assigned by the Executive Sous Chef, Banquet Chef, or Executive Chef.
- Makes sure oncoming shift is in place and is aware of all outstanding orders.
- Correctly inventories and requisitions all foodstuffs.
- Understands and uses recipe cards and production sheets.
- Produces correct amount of mise-en-place for daily use, by using recipe cards and productions sheets, with as little waste of time and product as possible.
- Checks with Executive Sous Chef, Banquet Chef, and Executive Chef for any special items needed for that meal period, produces correct amount so that time and product is not wasted.
- Promotes teamwork.
- Shows active interest in self-improvement.
- Two-three years experience.
- Graduate of culinary school or apprenticeship program.
- Able to certify as Certified Sous Chef.
- Positive Attitude.
- Possesses technical skill needed to fulfill required job duties.
- Exhibits professional attitude towards superiors and coworkers.
- Ability to perform material handling tasks, which may require bending, stooping, and lifting at least
- 50 lbs. daily is required.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Working split shifts and shifts that may exceed 12 hours in duration.
- Working various shifts including weekends and holidays.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://alpinecountryclub.applicantpro.com/jobs/598472.html →