Executive Sous Chef
Website Alpine Country Club
Become part of our world class team at Alpine Country Club, New Jersey’s distinguished country club, located just outside of New York City in the heart of Bergen County. We are recognized as a Platinum Club of America and we have an exciting career opportunity for an exceptional professional. Since 1928 our membership has enjoyed full service amenities consisting of unique social events, golf, tennis and dining. We are a family focused club that is active throughout the year.
Alpine Country Club is currently looking for qualified individuals with a great personality and a passion to provide first class service. Our team at Alpine Country Club is one that embraces excellence, teamwork and member satisfaction. Employee growth and advancement is rewarded and encouraged through training, empowerment, recognition, and career opportunities.
We are currently searching for an Executive Sous Chef to join our team.
Under the direction of the Executive Chef, this position is responsible for supervising kitchen operations and represents the culinary operation for the Executive Chef during his/her absence. The incumbent assists the Executive Chef in all day-to-day activities associated with that position. The Executive Sous Chef provides direct supervision of the kitchen staff and ensures all policies, procedures and standards are followed.
- Assists the Executive Chef with the management of the Culinary Department.
- Conceives daily menu additions.
- Generates staff scheduling.
- Places, receives and audits food deliveries.
- Attends BEO meetings and oversees catered events.
- Ensures safety, sanitation and proper food handling policies and procedures are followed.
- Oversees kitchen operations when the Executive Chef is not present.
- Coordinates the preparation of meals, along with cooks and other kitchen staff during a la carte service periods, banquet events, special functions.
- Ensures recipes are followed and consistency and quality standards are achieved.
- Personally prepares meals.
- Prepares reports.
- Ensures kitchen equipment is properly maintained.
- Oversees start of kitchen closing process each evening.
- Gives instructions to night steward.
- Certificate or diploma from an accredited culinary school.
- A friendly and service oriented professional demeanor and style.
- 5 years experience as a Sous Chef and Lead Line Cook.
- A career path marked with stability and a logical progression of title and increasing
- A keen eye for detail and creativity.
- Leadership skills.
- High tolerance for kitchen temperatures.
- Standing for long periods of time.
- Regular lifting of weights in excess of 35lbs.
- Working “split-shifts” and shifts which may exceed 12 hours duration.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://alpinecountryclub.applicantpro.com/jobs/613655.html →