Executive Pastry Chef
Website Alpine Country Club
Become part of our world class team at Alpine Country Club, New Jersey’s distinguished country club, located just outside of New York City in the heart of Bergen County. We are recognized as a Platinum Club of America and we have an exciting career opportunity for an exceptional professional. Since 1928 our membership has enjoyed full service amenities consisting of unique social events, golf, tennis and dining. We are a family focused club that is active throughout the year.
Alpine Country Club is currently looking for qualified individuals with a great personality and a passion to provide first class service. Our team at Alpine Country Club is one that embraces excellence, teamwork and member satisfaction. Employee growth and advancement is rewarded and encouraged through training, empowerment, recognition, and career opportunities.
We are currently searching for an Executive Pastry Chef to join our team.
Assumes complete responsibility for food preparation, sanitation and purchasing for the pastry department and its staff; plans all daily menus; supervises the production of all pastry items including breads, batters, doughs, desserts, centerpieces, wedding and specialty cakes. Instrumental in achieving current food service goals and budgets, works in conjunction with the chef to set new goals and budgets. Is accountable for food and labor costs for the pastry department. Is instrumental in the hiring and terminating of employees in the pastry department.
Job Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
- Working knowledge of Club policies and guidelines as outlined in the Employee Handbook and Orientation Guide.
- Responsible for weekly labor costs. Manages payroll and all paperwork necessary for new employees and terminations.
- Writes or delegates the writing of weekly schedules adhering to set labor guidelines without sacrificing quality of product or service.
- Oversees the taking of daily inventories of sauces, ice creams, breads, desserts, etc.. Establishes based on inventory and business forecast, daily production and assign production to subordinates by using their capabilities most effectively.
- Manages food production to ensure the highest quality preparation and presentation on a consistent basis.
- Establishes and maintains professional standards of conduct and appearance at all times and manages by example.
- Adheres to established food cost and labor goals. Takes corrective actions to ensure financial goals are attained.
- Attends management meetings and holds kitchen meetings and seminars.
- Communicates with executive chef and kitchen employees on a daily basis and updates them on day-to-day operation.
- Conducts meetings with subordinates to ensure consistency of product, highest level of sanitation and hygiene in kitchen is met.
- Delegates responsibility and authority to subordinates for specific tasks and follows up. Provides clear and complete instruction, states expectations precisely and uses subordinates capabilities most effectively.
- Evaluates subordinates, apprentices and externs on and on going basis and takes corrective actions accordingly.
- Responsible for daily and weekly inventories and ordering.
- Establishes, maintains and reevaluates purchasing specifications, in conjunction with the Executive Chef, to insure the highest quality product possible.
- Completes assigned tasks given by the Executive Chef in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Performs other necessary tasks as assigned by Executive Chef.
- Is sensitive to member and guest requests and tries to accommodate any reasonable special request.
- Supervises the receiving of all purchased items used in pastry production to insure the highest quality product possible.
- Prepares reports duties as assigned by executive chef.
- Writes, costs and implements menus according to established cooking philosophies.
- Initiates, builds, prepares, implements and changes on an ongoing basis station booklets, recipes, guidelines and standards, in conjunction with the Executive Chef, for all pastry items.
- Initiates, builds, prepares, implements and changes on an ongoing basis, in conjunction with the Executive Chef, receiving guidelines for all items used in pastry production.
- Responsible for menu development for special functions, banquets and daily desserts used in outlets. Menu development to reflect industry trends and membership requests.
- Responsible for monitoring sanitation procedures and general cleanliness of the Pastry Shop in conjunction with the Chief Steward and the Executive Chef.
- Prepares Performance Evaluations of all Pastry Shop Staff and reviews with Chef and staff member. Sets future goals and directs training of staff.
- Consults with Executive Chef regarding yearly capital expenditure needs to maintain and improve pastry shop.
- Submits ideas and suggestions for any future goals and operational improvements to the Executive Chef.
- Trains employees in proper production methods and recipes for all baked goods and desserts produced in the Pastry Shop.
- In conjunction with the Executive Chef, sets menu prices for all bake shop items.
- Presents him/herself in the most professional manner at all times showing his/her leadership and self control and works towards a common goal within the food and beverage operation
- Maintains a complete day-to-day knowledge of menus preparation and presentation.
- Manages dating, labeling and covering in walk in coolers and freezers.
- Maintains safety and security in workstation.
- Performs material handling tasks, which may require bending, stooping and lifting at least 50 pounds of weight.
Must have first hand knowledge of every job in the kitchen; should possess a knowledge of the problems relevant to the management of a kitchen; should also have a knowledge of basic accounting and purchasing and proper storing of all commodities used in a club. A basic knowledge of P.O.S. machines and a working knowledge of computers would be an asset.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://alpinecountryclub.applicantpro.com/jobs/598461.html →